My whole life I have been a self-starter. I have a competitive spirit but mostly with myself. I always set the bar high and reach for the stars. I like to think that I don’t need someone to pat me on the back and tell me I did a good job, but when it happens, it sure does feel good :)
Last week I received a post on my Facebook page that read: “Hey, I’ve nominated ‘In Her Chucks’ for a Liebster Blog Award”. The message came from Anna at Piper’s Run, a blog about being a mom, a wife, working out and many more things. I was extremely honored by the gesture and couldn’t wait to find out what the Liebster Award was all about.
After reading a bit more about the award on Anna’s blog, I learned that the Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have inspired their peers through their work. The award takes its name from the German word meaning “beloved, dearest or favorite”. Wow! That definitely put a smile on my face :D. As I read more, I found out that not only do I get to accept this award, but I get to pass it on to 5 more blogs that inspire me. So in alphabetical order, here are the top 5 blogs that motivate me.
1. Changing my Destiny: If you are looking for some wonderful ideas on how to makeover your life, look no further than Addison’s Blog. She writes about everything from DIY crafts and projects to weekly meal planning and grocery shopping. My favorite series is her Eco Challenge. For the month of March she promised to try one eco tip a day to move herself in the direction of being more eco conscious. And she is inspiring her readers to do the same, including me. Some of her suggestions include starting a garden, joining a CSA, and trying this most amazing new shower head. Thank you Addison for teaching us all how to live a little bit greener :)
2. Damsel in Dior: When I want to grow up, I want to be as fabulous as Jacey aka Damsel. As a mom on the go, I rarely get the chance to dress up, do my hair or get an ounce of make up on my face, so I have decided to live vicariously through fashion blogs. I know that sooner or later I will get the chance to take a shower for longer than 5 minutes, get the time to blow dry my hair and maybe even go shopping for a new wardrobe. And when I do, I’m taking all of Jacey’s advice. Her blog is fun, fashionable and fancy. Thank you “Damsel” for keeping me up to date on what’s hip!
3. Koko Likes: I love Koko Likes…but probably not as much as my brother (it’s his girlfriend). Her blog makes me smile. Whether she is documenting her daily eats on her What I Ate Wednesday posts, sharing her favorite recipes or opening up about what it is like to be in love with a deployed soldier, Koko is always outgoing, cheerful and real. I had toyed around with starting a blog for a while. Unfortunately I let some fears about what to write, how people would receive it and other silly insecurities get in the way. But after reading Koko’s blog, I was inspired to go ahead and take the plunge. She taught me that as long as you are true to yourself, people will enjoy it. And that was that. So thank you Koko for setting the example of being true to yourself. Because, there is no one else out there like you ;)
4. Maison Interiors: They say, home is where the heart is. And where I can’t deny that statement, it doesn’t hurt to make that home pretty. Audrey from Maison Interiors does just that. As an interior designer and artist, Audrey has lots to share about how to spruce up your space. She offers inspiration boards, DIY tutorials and links to the latest and greatest trends in interior design. After reading her blog, you will be ready to update every room in your house to bring it up to its potential. I’m starting with the bedroom! Thanks Audrey for inspiring me to dwell in beauty!
5. Zo Much Baby: I’m pretty certain that when you look up the phrase, Super Mom in the dictionary, Jennifer’s picture will pop up. A new mom of an adorable 10 month old boy, a full-time career woman, a PhD student a budding children’s clothing designer and a poet…this momma’s got it going on! And she is willing to share her secrets with all of us. Jennifer writes about everything from making a family budget, to learning how to balance your time, to the adventures of making your own baby food. I can’t get enough of her honesty when it comes to dealing with the real life issues of raising a family. Thank you Jennifer for inspiring me to be the best mommy I can be :)
Winners please keep the karma flowin’ and refer to the instructions below…
- Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
- Post the award to your blog.
- Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value (It’s a great way to get to word out there about other blogs!!)
- Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have received this award.
Congratulations to all the winners. Keep up the good work and thank you for your daily inspiration :)