These delicious treats need no introduction. So let’s just cut to the chase. These puppies are so sinful that I actually feel guilty posting them after my “What’s in the Box?” post. Mostly because there is nothing healthy or nutritious about these ooey gooey bundles of joy. But they are OH SO GOOD! And that’s gotta count for something :)
Like my exclusive S’mores and Snickerdoodle boards on Pinterest, I also have a board dedicated to all things Cookies ‘n Cream. I have been drooling over these bars for a while now and even stocked up on all of the ingredients just in case I had a slight craving for something sweet. Well, the other night I realized it was time to give these glorious goodies a try. And the result was A.MAZ.ING!!!
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup Oreo crumbs
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup coarsely chopped Oreos
2 king sized Hershey’s Cookies ‘n Cream candy bars
3 cups marshmallow cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cookie crumbs, baking powder and salt.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale yellow and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat together. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. Place half the dough in the prepared pan and press evenly using your fingers. Put the remaining dough in the fridge to chill for a few minutes. Break the Cookies ‘n Cream bars into chunks and place them evenly across the dough. Scatter the Oreo chunks across the top. Use a small spoon to put little dollops of the marshmallow cream all over the surface. Take the remaining dough out of the fridge and drop it over the surface in clumps. Don’t worry about covering the top; marshmallow and cookie chunks should peek through.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, the top should be slightly browned. Let them cool before using the edges of the tin foil to lift the bars out of the pan. Eat at room temperature or pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds to heat them up.
These bars might just be the most decadent dessert I have ever tasted. Boy are they are rich! I enjoyed them with a cold glass of milk which helped to balance the sugar intake. They are very similar to my S’mores Bars, with layers of cookie crust stuffed with white chocolate and marshmallow goodness. Everything you love about Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream in a compact, portable and non-melting form.
Now that I have added this recipe to my repertoire, I have a feeling my husband will be making frequent requests for these. Cookies ‘n Cream happens to be his favorite dessert and these bars were a huge hit! With lots of holiday bar-b-ques and potlucks around the corner, these are going to be the perfect summer treat! A familiar flavor combination with a new twist. Enjoy!
PS: Don’t forget to enter the giveaway! Only a few days left to get your entries in. Don’t forget to leave a comment on the original post letting me know that you have completed the tasks. Your comment acts are your entry into the giveaway. Good luck!