We are halfway through week one and I am feeling great! The food is getting more palatable and my hunger pains are subsiding. Snacks seem to be my favorite meal. Mostly because they always consist of fruit, and fruit makes me happy. And so far, I haven’t had any weak moments. Yay me :)
Here is what I have been noshing on the past few days…
1. Breakfast: 1 cup cooked rolled oats, 2 tbsp chocolate whey powder, 1 tbsp unsalted peanut butter, 1 banana and 1 cup milk.
2. Snack #1: 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup chopped nectarine, 1/8 tsp nutmeg.
3. Lunch: 3 oz salmon, 1/2 cup cannellini beans, 1/4 vine tomato, 2 cups arugula with 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
4. Snack #2: 1 hardboiled egg, 1/2 grapefruit, 1 tbsp sesame seeds.
5. Dinner: 4 oz filet mignon, 1 cups broccoli with 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 cup cooked brown rice.
Highlights: I am a meat eater to the core, and after a few days without a nice chunk of meat, I was savoring every bite of my tiny 4 oz portion of filet.
Lowlights: The salad recipe called for canned salmon, which I have never had. It was a bit fishy for me. If I were to make this again, I would use fresh salmon.
2. Snack #1: 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1 cup strawberries, 1 tbsp crushed almonds.
3. Lunch: 1 cup shredded green cabbage, 1 grated carrot, 3 oz chopped deli turkey, 2 tbsp walnuts tossed with 1/3 cup Greek yogurt and 2 tbsp lemon juice.
4. Snack #2: 1 stalk celery, 1/2 bell pepper, 1/2 apple.
5. Dinner: 4 oz chicken, 6 spears roasted asparagus, 2 cups summer pasta salad (recipe coming tomorrow).
Highlights: I was surprisingly most excited about the pasta salad. It was fresh and delicious. I can’t wait to share the recipe with you tomorrow!
Lowlights: No lowlights today :) Everything was pretty tasty!
I will be taking another break from posting my eats tomorrow so I can feature the Summer Pasta Salad recipe. But if you can’t wait until Saturday to get the play-by-play, follow me on Instagram (inherchucks). See you there!