After 14 days of Clean Eating, it was time for a reward. And this Love With Food box was the perfect treat! Filled with healthy and delicious snacks my taste buds were reinvigorated and my cravings were satisfied. Not only did this food box taste good, but this food box does good too.
Love With Food is my new subscription box obsession. And while I love all of their gourmet food samples, I love what they stand for even more. Love With Food takes their passion for tasty treats to a whole new level. For every box sold, Love with Food donates a meal to several food banks in an attempt to end childhood hunger. Who knew your snacking habits could make such a difference in the lives of others?
Each month the Love With Food box has a seasonal theme. This month, it’s all about travel snacks. Think about your favorite road trip treat, airplane munchie or staycation nibbly. Nuts, pretzels, cookies, candy…they’re all here, but these gourmet versions are sure to be the best summer snacks you have ever tasted. Let’s take a closer look at these delicious eats…
1. Skinny Dipping Pretzels by East Shore: A pretzel, is a pretzel is a pretzel…right? Wrong! Other pretzels are just blah, these skinny beauties are the best pretzel for dipping (hence the name). And…they are the perfect size for Harper to snack on too. She had one in each hand and was thrilled to be enjoying a salty and crunchy treat.
2. Key Lime with Ginger Mustard by East Shore: I’m going to be 100% honest with you. I was a bit unsure of this mustard when I read the label. Not only do I skimp on mustard for sandwiches and burgers, but Key Lime and Ginger? However, for the sake of the review, I felt that I had to at least try it. And I am SOOOOO glad I did. It is AMAZING!!! A flavor combination that is so unexpected yet completely out of this world. It’s a good thing I had my own bag of Skinny Dipping Pretzels to go with it because I was in pure snacking heaven :)
3. Vegan Lemony Lemon Cookie by The Sun Flour Baking Company: How many packaged cookies have you had in your lifetime that crumble at first bite? Dry, crunchy and hard, it’s difficult to find a packaged cookie that tickles my fancy. Especially a vegan one. Well, let’s just say, this lemon cookie knocked my socks off, making me wonder, why hadn’t I ever indulged myself in a vegan cookie before? Soft, moist, zesty lemon cookie. Sounds like the perfect way to brighten up the summer!
4. Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie by The Sun Flour Baking Company: After enjoying the Lemon Cookie, I couldn’t open this package quick enough. Peanut Butter Cookies are one of my favorites and this one didn’t disappoint. Made with organic crunchy peanut butter, the only thing that would have made my cookie eating experience any better would be to dip it in a glass of cold milk (but I felt naughty doing that because it was a vegan cookie. Just didn’t seem right…).
5. Dried Montmorency Cherries by Cherry Bay Orchards: It’s no secret that I have a weakness for cherries. So I’m super excited that I can now enjoy them all year long! Not all dried fruit is created equal. And to be honest, until I tried these I wasn’t a fan of dried cherries either. But when you have plump, sweetly tart, dried cherries from the Cherry Capital of the World, you’ve had the best. And now I can’t get enough :)
6. Coconut Toffee Peanuts by Sconza Candies: On family road trips, my dad would always enjoy toffee peanuts by the handful. Too bad he never got his hands on these. But my husband did, and now he’s eating them by the handful :) With a robe of buttery toffee and tropical coconut, this crunchy snack takes your ordinary bag-o-nuts to a whole new level!
7. Gin Gins Super Strength Ginger Caremel Candy by The Ginger People: I am so grateful that I’m not prone to motion sickness. But with a sister who is, I think I just found the perfect remedy. They call this candy the “The Traveler’s Candy” as the fresh ginger is a wonderful remedy to help calm motion sickness. But with its soft texture and warm ginger kick, I’ll pop a few just to enjoy the super delicious flavor :)
8: Tangerine Glee Gum: Whether it is to keep your mouth busy as the time passes, or help keep your ears from popping on an airplane, gum is a staple travel treat. And what I love most about Glee Gum, is now you can enjoy bright, fresh flavored gum with no artificial coloring, flavoring, sweeteners or preservatives. My new favorite “clean” treat!
Love With Food boxes are a fun way to switch up your snacking routine. They are also a great gift idea for the person who has everything. And remember, the best part about staring a subscription with Love With Food, is that you are helping to donate a meal to hungry children across America. Monthly memberships are available for only $12! For a limited time, Love With Food is offering $2 off of your first box to ALL of my readers! Please use the discount code CHUCKVIP at check out.
Now for the GIVEAWAY…the lovely people at Love with Food are offering a free box for the month of September to one lucky reader. September’s box will be curated by Stephanie Quailao of BackinSkinnyJeans.com. It will feature her favorite pre/post workout snacks which are sure to be a big hit!
So here’s the scoop…
To enter: Leave a comment telling me about your favorite “Travelin’ Treat”.
For additional entries…
1. Subscribe to this blog and leave a comment telling me you have done so. If you already subscribe to my blog, then leave me a comment telling me that you are already subscribed (and thanks for the support!).
3. Follow @lovewithfood on Twitter and leave a comment on this post letting me know you’ve done so.
4. Pin this giveaway and comment here with a link to your post.
The more entries you have, the better your chances are to win. The giveaway will close at 12:01 am on August 21st. A winner will be randomly selected and announced on August 22nd. Make sure to include your email address with your comment so that I can contact if you win.
Alright…time to get busy! Good Luck :)
*Full Disclosure: Love with Food provided me with a box free of charge. I was not paid to write this post. With exception of some of the factual information given about the various products, all opinions regarding the products are my own and 100% honest.