Two weeks into Lindsay’s October Photo A Day Challenge and I am having a ball! I love that this challenge gives me even more reasons to capture everything from life’s most special memories to the most mundane tasks. It motivates me to exercise, take care of myself and make good food choices :) Which means it’s not only fun, it’s productive! Here’s a glimpse at what last week looked like…
1. Day 8: Eat at least 3 different colors today– I do my best to eat a variety of fruits and veggies at every meal. Having a produce box delivered to my house weekly definitely helps to keep things colorful. And apparently it pays to eat your fruits and veggies because I actually won the challenge for Day 8…Go me!
2. Day 9: Spend 15 minutes stretching– I was most excited about this task because I know how good stretching makes me feel but I rarely take the time to sit down and do it. So a big thanks to Lindsay for reminding me to block off a few minutes in my day to get my gumby on :) Hoping to make this a regular part of my routine.
3. Day 10: Show your favorite healthy fat!– Back when I was in high school I had the pleasure of going to Spain for the summer to brush up on my Spanish. The family I lived with owned an olive orchard and turned me on to Spanish Olive Oil…the best olive oil I have ever tasted! But until recently, I had trouble finding it at my local grocery stores. Yet another reason why I love Trader Joe’s…they always come through on my favorite foodie items, and even offer it organic. Haven’t tried Spanish Olive Oil?…you must!
4. Day 11: Run some sprints– Sprints? It’s been a while. I used to be pretty darn fast, but sadly I think my glory days are a thing of the past. However, I had an idea that being back on a track would spark my inner olympian. So Freddie and I ventured out to the local school to see who had the fastest wheels. I guess you can say we are a bit competitive…
5. Day 12: Buy yourself flowers. You deserve them– My husband’s pretty awesome. He buys me flowers often. But I have to say, it was a treat to buy this bunch of flowers for myself. I have been eyeing this bouquet for a while now. I love the variety of colors and the fact that it is small enough to display on the dinner table. Simply gorgeous.
6. Day 13: Make something with pumpkin!– Pumpkin might possibly be one of my favorite flavors of the season. So any excuse to make something pumpkin is alright with me. My mom and I whipped up a fresh batch of pumpkin bars with mini chocolate chips and homemade caramelized pecans. They were delish! Can’t wait to share the recipe with you soon. Stay tuned!
7. Day 14: Burn some calories cleaning the house!– Weekends are usually the only time I get to do my chores so this task was right on track with my daily activities. These are some of my favorite cleaning supplies that helped me clean the bathroom, do some dusting and tidy up the kitchen. And to know that I burned some calories in the process…now that’s a win/win!
Wanna join me in the October Photo A Day Challenge? Check out this post for more details…and feel free to follow me on Instagram (inherchucks) to keep up with the daily challenge.
Hope everyone has a great week!