Three weeks into Lindsay’s October Photo A Day Challenge and I am still having a blast! Last week was filled with lots of delicious food, some beautiful views and quality time with the ones I love most. This challenge is great for many reasons. For one, it encourages me to make good choices, gives me a moment to reflect and most of all fosters creativity. This challenge also helps to confirm my addiction to Instagram. But that’s ok, it’s good, clean fun :) Here’s a glimpse at what last week looked like…
1. Day 15: Go vegetarian for the day!- Being the meat lover that I am, this was definitely the biggest challenge yet. But luckily, I was able to find some delicious meals that filled me up and left me satisfied. I also took it upon myself to eat veggies at every meal (which really was only a challenge for breakfast). I started my day with a Swiss Chard Smoothie, enjoyed a Lentil Flatbread Pizza with a huge salad for lunch and a black bean burger topped with avocado and a side of raw carrots for dinner. Overall I felt pretty good, but I was eager to get back to my meat-eating ways.
2. Day 16: Let me see you sweat!- With the extreme heat that has been hanging around lately, I didn’t have to do much to get the sweat going. The temps got up to 88 degrees! So needless to say the idea of exercising outside was completely undesirable. However I did have the pleasure of chasing a toddler around the house (which should be awarded with extra points…)
3. Day 17: Call a family member just to chat- I can remember the days when I used to spend hours on the phone. But now that I am a full-time mommy, an interrupted phone call is more of a luxury. But I can always find time to make a quick call to my mom in Ireland just to say hi!
4. Day 18: Buy a new healthy snack to try- Being a self-appointed product tester, there is not a lot of food out there that I haven’t tried. But thanks to this daily prompt, I was forced to scour the stores for snacks that have yet to meet my palette . These Just Mango organic dried snacks are super amazing! I ate the entire bag before I got home from the store and went back the next day for a new bag and did the exact. same. thing. Addicted much? Anyways, these will definitely remain in my
hourly daily snack rotation!
5. Day 19: Go for a walk at lunch!- Back when I was working full-time, I used to LOVE lunch time walks. It was a great way to sneak in some exercise and enjoy the fresh air. But now that I am a mommy, sitting down to eat lunch is pretty important. Because hungry babies and mobile food don’t really mix. Especially when the special of the day is spaghetti. So Harper and I decided to eat our lunch at home and then venture out for a walk. Since it was a bright and sunny day we went down to the beach to walk along the bluffs. It was the perfect day for an afternoon stroll.
6. Day 20: Have a treat!- Ever since my Clean Eating Journey, I have been doing my best to stay away from sweets. And I have been doing fairly well (except for a minor slip up). So I was very excited to enjoy a treat that would satisfy my sweet tooth. These little donuts are called aebleskivers and they are absolutely sinful! We ventured up north for a day trip and couldn’t resist picking up a fresh batch topped with jam and powdered sugar. Divine…
7. Day 21: Park father away today- I’ll admit it, during my everyday shopping adventures, I ALWAYS park as close to the entrance of the store as possible. Between carting a toddler around on my hip and/or being in a hurry, it’s the easiest way to get my errands done. So this prompt was a nice reminder to take advantage of moments when you can slip in some extra exercise into your daily routine. I had my hubby park as far away as possible so we could reap the most benefit :)
Wanna join me in the October Photo A Day Challenge? Check out this post for more details…and feel free to follow me on Instagram (@inherchucks) to keep up with the daily challenge.
Hope everyone has a great week!