20 days down, 10 to go. Boy does time fly when you’re fun doing a photo challenge :) What I love most about this project is that it is a fun way to look back at the month and remember all the fun things we did from a new and different perspective. Look forward to many more photo challenges in the future. And I hope you will play along. Already shopping for a December photo challenge…any suggestions?
But before we jump to December, let’s check out what the middle of November was looking like…
1. Day 11: night– The best part of my night is snuggling up with my loves. But apparently the best part of Harper’s night is snuggling up with her bubbles. Her daddy had just bought her a few new bottles for her bubble machine and she wouldn’t part with the blue one. Pretty much the sweetest thing I have ever seen.
2. Day 12: drink- I don’t normally drink alcohol. Not for any particular reason except for the fact that ice tea just happens to be my drink of choice. Wild and crazy I know. But since we were having company over for dinner, I wanted to pick up something that was new and different. And the guy at Whole Foods highly recommended this Fox Barrel Blackberry Pear Cider. In fact, he said they were award-winning! I totally believe it. Might have to rethink my original drink of choice. Cause these things are GOOOOOOOD!
3. Day 13: where you slept- I’m gonna be honest…I rarely make my bed. And it’s a shame really because I don’t even have a top sheet, just a duvet. It would be easy as pie to throw it over the bed and be done, but for some reason, I never get around to it. Unless of course we are expecting company. Then I’ll make sure my bed is made. But otherwise…I like to keep it cozy :)
4. Day 14: man-made- Ever since my success with homemade granola, I am on a mission to make as many of my snacks homemade as possible. My newest venture? Homemade granola bars (recipe coming soon). Next experiment, homemade crackers. Care to share your favorite recipe?
5. Day 15: in your bag- Freddie is the ultimate packer. The guy can fit an entire wardrobe in one suitcase. It’s a fact. So he usually does all the packing for our trips. But in an effort to plan ahead, while Freddie was at work the other day I took it upon my self to pack the suitcases myself. And I have to say, I was pretty proud of the result.
6. Day 16: the view from your window- I love a stormy day. As long as I am in the comfort of my own home, or in this case car. I have the pleasure of teaching music class down the street from the beach and couldn’t help but mosey on down to see the view in the rain. I wouldn’t throw my beach towel down, but it was still a pretty sight.
7. Day 17: the last thing you bought- There was a time, before I became a mom, that I used to shop for myself. But now, it’s all about Harper. And I wouldn’t have it any other way. I get so excited to shop for new clothes for her it’s kind of embarrassing. There seems to be a theme of stars going around, which I LOVE, and couldn’t pass up this adorable hat and mittens set (which she wore around the entire store). Came in handy in the rain, too!
8. Day 18: happened this weekend- Every year, for the last 4 or 5 years, we travel to Texas to see my sister, niece and nephews for Thanksgiving (although last year, we changed it up a bit and went for Christmas). It is the one time of year that we can all get together and catch up. I was a bit nervous to fly with Harper now that she is a toddler, but she was a total ROCKSTAR! She loved looking out the window and pointing out the water, the clouds and the sky. And of course, made tons of new friends.
9. Day 19: something awesome- I thought I had seen and tasted almost every fruit out there. Until I went for a walk on my sister’s farm and came across these vibrant, tennis ball looking things. Turns out they are called osage oranges and they are pretty much the most awesome thing I have ever seen. I have yet to try one but I am looking forward to experimenting with them. Or displaying them on my kitchen table.
10. Day 20: work/play- After a day of traveling and another day of relaxing, I had a ton of emails to attend to. I spent a good part of the morning attending to business on the computer (in addition to writing this post). Once I was done, I treated myself to an afternoon stroll. I couldn’t help but crunch along in the leaves and enjoy the simple pleasures of fall.
Wanna get in on the action? Check out this post for more details…and feel free to follow me on Instagram (@inherchucks) to keep up with the daily challenge.
Enjoy the rest of you week :)