Nothing makes a girl feel better than a fresh haircut :) Yesterday, while Daddy and Harper spent the day together, Mommy (that’s me) took some time to herself for a little pampering. It’s not often that I get to be by myself, let alone do something for myself. But thanks to my loving husband, I got to do both! So now I am feeling refreshed on the inside and out.
In order to make sure I kept up with the challenge during mommy’s day out, I packed up my lunch and snacks and took them with me. And it went perfectly. The hardest part was dinner. My day went a bit longer than expected and so by the time I was headed home I was beyond hungry. I passed by a ton of restaurants that were calling my name (*cough* In-N-Out *cough*) but I was determined to make it back for my planned Fresh Start meal. Thanks to some hard-core self-control I was able to stay on track and enjoy a delicious bowl of shrimp and veggie stir fry. Success!
My intention was to post this for you all yesterday, but I was so tired from my fun-filled day that my eyes wouldn’t stay open long enough to finish the post. So my apologies for keeping you on the edge of your seat but here’s what I have been cooking up this weekend…
1. First Thing: Amazing Grass’s Amazing Meal mixed with Coconut Water- There are a number of reasons why starting your day out with a large glass of greens is beneficial. For starters, green superfoods such as wheat grass and Spirulina help to cleanse and detoxify your body. Because your body naturally cleanses itself in the early hours of the morning, feeding your body green superfood as soon as you get up will aid in the cleansing process and as a result gives you a boost of energy.
2. Breakfast: Spinach and Egg Scramble- Greens, garlic and goat cheese, oh my! I am loving this hearty and delicious breakfast scramble. The addition of avocados really does take it over the top. I might even had to invite a sprouted tortilla to the party next time :)
3. Lunch: Chicken Sandwich with Sprouted Bread and an Apple- I have to admit, I am not one for sandwiches, never have been, but this brown bag lunch had me jumping for joy. Not sure if it was the toasted sprouted bread, the avocado spread or the grated carrots I stuffed in the middle, but this is my new favorite lunch. And pairing it with an apple satisfied my need for that crunchy side (instead of chips…).
4. Snack: Apple with Almond Butter- It may not look like the most beautiful snack, but it sure was yummy. In fact, in the midst of me scarfing it down, both Harper and Freddie joined in on the fun. Good thing I had extra apples and almond butter to refill the stash.
5. Dinner: Asian Salad with Marinated Chicken- I had tried this salad for lunch with tuna on Day 1 but I was excited to give it a go with the marinated chicken. Loved it! But my favorite part has got to be the dressing. A simple recipe that is easily thrown together with ingredients you have in your home, it will take any ordinary pile of lettuce to a whole new level.
6. Snack: Young Coconut- This was a definite first for me. One bite and I was immediately whisked away to a tropical island in the middle of the ocean. The texture was different from what I expected…soft and smooth. And the flavor was pretty mild. Not as “coconutty” as I thought it would be. But either way, a nice, sweet, way to end the day.
1. First Thing: Amazing Grass’s Amazing Meal mixed with Coconut Water- On the meal plan, they suggest mixing your Amazing Meal in a smoothie or with Coconut Water and I always choose the latter. I love the taste so much there is no need to mask it in a smoothie. What I am usually not a fan of is Coconut Water. So in truth, the Amazing Meal masks the taste of the Coconut Water :)
2. Breakfast: Raw Steel Cut Oats- A bowl of soaked oatmeal was exactly what I needed to get my day going. Drenched in unsweetened almond milk and decorated with a variety of fruits, nuts and seeds, Harper and I couldn’t get enough of this breakfast-y goodness. I liked the addition of the bananas this time. It gave a slight sweetness to the oats as well as making it feel a bit more like cold cereal.
3. Lunch: Goat Cheese Quesadilla- This is my second time enjoying this lunch and I have to say, this go around it was even more delicious. I sautéed some kale, onions, garlic and zucchini and served it alongside and it was delightful. I had planned on eating it cold since I was out and about but the girls at the salon offered to warm it up for me, which made a world of difference.
4. Snack: Carrots– I never thought I would devour a bag of carrots as quickly as I gobbled these puppies up but after hours in the salon I was pretty hungry. Plus they were so sweet and crunchy, it almost felt like I was eating a sugary treat. Almost.
5. Dinner: Shrimp and Veggie Stir Fry- By the time I got home, it was nearly 9pm. I was beyond starving and ready to eat anything that was put in front of me. The meal plan called for fish kabobs but I neglected to read that they needed to marinate for a while (oops…), so I chose a dinner from later in the week that easier to whip up at the last minute. So yummy and satisfying.
6. Snack: Avo-Banana Pudding with Fruit- I was skeptical about whether the pudding would still taste good, but surprisingly it had gotten even sweeter. I can’t wait to start experimenting with other flavor combinations and textures on the next go around. Dark chocolate bits maybe?
One more day to go until week one is completed. Which also means Valentine’s Day is just a few days away. What are your plans for the holiday dedicated to love?
Wanna join me in turning over a new leaf? Check out Amazing Grass’s Two Week Challenge and commit this new year to creating a new you :)
*Full Disclosure: Amazing Grass provided me with one bottle of Amazing Meal free of charge. I was not paid to write this post. With exception of some of the factual information given about the various products, all opinions regarding the products are my own and 100% honest.