Despite my enthusiasm for the photo challenges, I have really been lacking in my ability to deliver this year. Last month I completed 2/3rds of the challenge, this month, less than 50%. I guess, with everything I have going on right now, it’s hard to get it all done. But I am grateful for the opportunity to capture a little bit of our daily lives with some fun prompts. So I am going to stick with it and shoot for a better average next month.
1. Day 1: Ascent– After a fun week at Disney World, it was time to say goodbye and head back home. I love taking pictures of the sky from the plane and todays prompt was the perfect excuse to snap one during take off.
2. Day 2: Bear/Bare– There is nothing cuter than tiny bare toddler toes. My favorite thing to do is to give her foot massages. My mom used to give me the best foot massages and now I am passing on the tradition to Harper.
3. Day 3: Comfort– Harper loves her baths but she also loves getting all bundled up in her hooded towel when it is time to get out. She likes it when we wrap her up and say “keep the baby warm”. Talk about comfort!
4. Day 7: Genuine– As Harper and I were enjoying lunch, I couldn’t help but realize that I had a genuine toddler on my hands. Marker on her shirt, face covered in mac and cheese (which she is eating with her hands despite the pink fork sitting next to the bowl), and not a care in the world. Living the good life, for sure :)
5. Day 8: Heart– I am obsessed with these Homemade Dried Cranberry Shortbread Cookies. I made a batch for my Foodie Pen Pal and I can’t wait to share the recipe with you soon.
6. Day 9: Intense– After 2 weeks without sugar, I was getting pretty intense cravings to indulge in some Valentine’s day treats. Thankfully my self-control kept me in check.
7. Day 10: Joy– Speaking of sugar, I caved and let Harper try her first lollypop at Bank of America the other day. She enjoyed every last lick.
8. Day 14: Nourishing– We all know I tend to get a bit too over excited about my fresh fruits and veggies, but is there anything more beautiful than the produce section. So much color, so much variety and so much nourishment.
9. Day 17: Quench– Thanks to the Fresh Start Challenge and some input from my good friend Cynthia, I am now totally hooked on Kombucha. It’s so good for you and if you pick the right flavor (I like gingerberry) it tastes good too!
10. Day 18: Red– Harper is a great shopping buddy. She loves to try on new things and pose for adorable pictures. She also is careful to make sure her accessories match her outfit (for the record, she picked out the red hat to go with her red outfit all by herself).
11. Day 20: Thrill– I still can’t believe my baby is two, but I am thrilled and beyond blessed to be able to celebrate her birthday with her. Especially when there is hot pink ice cream cake involved :)
12. Day 25: Youth– Oh, to be a kid again. Who needs a purse when you have a “pucket” that you can carry with you wherever you go? PS: she is still looking for the shovel PPS: I hate to break it to her that this “pucket” didn’t come with one
Wanna get in on the action? Check out this post for more details…and feel free to follow me on Instagram (@inherchucks) to keep up with the daily challenge.