I’m at it again…stuffing my face with more delicious snacks delivered straight to my door (yes, I am talking about enjoying another subscription box). And this month they are courtesy of NatureBox, a new and growing company whose mission is to make it easier for people to feel good about the way they snack. But I’m not just talking about their wholesome and minimally processed foods. For every NatureBox sent each month, a meal is donated to help feed the over 14 million children in America who go hungry every year. Now that’s what I call, good eats!
Ever since I began my clean eating journey, I have found it hard to enjoy snacks that come from a box or bag. So many of the foods on the shelves these days are packed with so much artificial junk, that you end up eating a chemistry experiment as opposed to real food. What makes NatureBox’s snacks different is that they are committed to providing subscribers with foods that are healthy and nutritious. Their products contain no high fructose corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oils, no trans fats, no artificial sweeteners and no artificial flavors or colors. Which means you can feel good about the way you snack.
This month’s theme was all about busting health myths. So not only did my tummy get full, but my head was also loaded with nutritional information that will help me to make better choices when it comes to food. Here is a breakdown of the yummy snacks that we have been munching on…
1. Pistachio Power Clusters: The perfect balance of salty and sweet, these little bundles of joy take your ordinary nuts to a whole new level. Packed with pistachios, almonds and cashews this snack is a good source of the healthy fats that help keep you full until your next meal. Freddie and I both agree, this is our new favorite indulgence. Crunchy, savory and just enough sweetness to make you think they are naughty? Sold!
2. Umami Roasted Nuts: The problem with your average nut today is that it is loaded with salt. The solution? Satisfying levels of flavor without the extra sodium. Enter Umami Roasted Nuts. Umami, a Japanese word that translates to “yummy” or “delicious” is best described as a savory flavor that adds depth and richness to foods. Which means, these nuts will trigger your savory taste buds and not your blood pressure.
3. Big Island Pineapple: As much as I loved all things fruity, I could never seem to get on the dried pineapple train. I have tried it before and found it to be too gritty and hard to chew. But this bag of dried pineapple changed all of that. One bite and I was basking in the sun on the Hawaiian Islands. And the best part? It has all of the fiber and natural sweetness of the real thing but is easily storable and portable. Talk about fast food :)
4. Apple Orchards Granola: After discovering that I could make my own homemade granola, I have found it hard to find another variety that compares to my recipe. Well, this granola blows mine…Out. Of. The. Water! Warm cinnamon, tart apples, crunchy pumpkin seeds , flakey coconut and whole oats coated with agave and soft-baked. Sounds like the perfect way to welcome autumn :) All I want to do it layer a handful on top of some Greek yogurt and enjoy this delicious treat “a la mode-y” (must be pronounced like this).
5. Toasted Sesame Stix: Did you know that sesame seeds are considered the oldest condiment known to man? (Don’t feel bad…I just learned that myself!) I also found out that they are a great source of calcium. And with the perfect shape to dunk them in hummus, salsa or another one of your favorite dips, they are a nutrient rich snack you can feel good about :)
So now that I have you drooling all over yourself (I’ll give you a moment to wipe the dribble off your chin…), are you ready to find out how you can get your hands on one of these new snacking sensations?
For just $19.95 you can sign up for a monthly membership that will deliver healthy, hand-picked snack foods to your door. Enter promo code APPLE25 and receive 25% off your first month of subscription service (please note that the 25% discount is only applicable to the month-to-month subscription. 6 month subscriptions receive 1 month free and 12 month subscriptions receive 3 months free).
And why not share the health? Nature Boxes also make great gifts for your friends and family for holidays, special occasions, or just because. College students, teachers, coaches, new parents and deployed service members all love to receive healthy snacks any time of the year.
I, for one, love to give gifts to my faithful and loyal readers. Thanks to the generous folks over at NatureBox, one lucky reader will win a snack box of a future month (Due to shipping restrictions, this giveaway is limited to US residents only).
So, here’s how you enter…”Like” NatureBox and In Her Chucks on Facebook and leave a comment telling me that you have done so.
For additional entries…
1. Subscribe to this blog and leave a comment telling me you have done so. If you already subscribe to my blog, then leave me a comment telling me that you are already subscribed (and thanks for the support!).
2. Follow @naturebox on Twitter and leave a comment on this post letting me know you’ve done so.
3. Pin this giveaway and comment here with a link to your post.
The more entries you have, the better your chances are to win. The giveaway will close at 12:01 am on September 22nd. A winner will be randomly selected and announced on September 23rd. Make sure to include your email address with your comment so that I can contact you if you win.
Alright…time to get busy! Good Luck :)
*Full Disclosure: NatureBox provided me with a box free of charge. I was not paid to write this post. With exception of some of the factual information given about the various products, all opinions regarding the products are my own and 100% honest.