I might as well apologize from the start. I am about to dump 3 full days of meals on your lap. It’s a bit much for one post, but my busy behind has been running around like a chicken with her head cut off the last few days and therefore there has been minimal computer time. The good news is, this post is jam-packed with delicious and nutritious food that is sure to inspire you to eat clean.
So instead of wasting time on small talk today, let’s move straight to the grub, shall we?
1. First Thing: Amazing Grass’s Amazing Meal mixed with Coconut Water- After a whole week of beginning my mornings with a green drink, I am LOVING this new addition to my daily routine. It really does get the day started on the right foot and its delicious to boot :)
2. Breakfast: Naturally Sweetened Goat Yogurt– I promised myself I would try a new flavor and this strawberry is delicious! I think we have a tie between this flavor and the mango. I am liking this idea of branching out…I wonder what I will try next?
3. Lunch: Sprouted Tortilla with Goat Cheese and Mixed Veggies- Definitely my favorite lunch so far. It has been on the menu a lot the last week but I don’t mind a bit. This time I topped it with some leftover veggies from the stir fry. It was divine!
4. Snack: Amazing Grass Bar– Even though I quickly fell in love with the Chocolate Amazing Grass bar, this Chocolate Peanut Butter has taken its place. I scarfed it down in a matter of seconds. I can’t wait to run to the store to stock up on some more.
5. Dinner: Salmon and Veggie Kabobs- I had never made kabobs in the oven before but since Freddie was gone on a business trip, and he is the ultimate grill man, I had to get creative. Luckily they turned out great. Although I owe all the credit to the amazing marinade. You can’t go wrong when you are dousing fish and veggies in tamari, coconut oil, honey, rice wine vinegar, cilantro and sesame seeds :) The combo is pure heaven.
6. Snack: Almond Milk Ice Cream– When I read that I could enjoy a bowl of non dairy ice cream, I nearly flipped. I have such a weakness for ice cream it’s not even funny. Maybe we need to just straight up label it an addiction. So I do my best to stay away from the parts of town where the 31 Flavors and Cold Stone’s are located. I was also slightly doubtful that this non dairy ice cream could tickle my fancy…but it totally did.
1. First Thing: Amazing Grass’s Amazing Meal mixed with Coconut Water- I have officially started week 2 and I am feeling great about this fresh start. I am also proud of myself that I finally remembered to use my reusable straw from Simply Straws. Working on new habits in all areas of my life :)
2. Breakfast: Avo-Banana Pudding with Berries- Pudding for breakfast? Yes, please! Making up for all those times I wanted chocolate pudding for breakfast when I was a kid. Although if I had asked my mom for this rendition, she would have gladly served it to me.
3. Lunch: Asian Salad with Fresh Tuna and Avocado- Another fresh batch of tuna made, another fresh batch of tuna devoured. The nuts, the avocado, the salad dressing, all adds to the incredibly delicious experience that is my lunch.
4. Snack: Apple Slices with Almond Butter- I really do love the fresh almond butter that you can make at the store. It’s so much more nuttier and lot less pasty than what you buy in the jars. I should rename this “Almond Butter with Apple Slices” as the fruit is merely a vehicle to shovel more almond butter in my mouth.
5. Dinner: Kidney Bean Tostada- It’s official, I am a refried kidney bean lover. From dried bulk beans to pure bliss, I am so happy with the way these beans turned out. It was definitely time intensive (12-15 hours of soaking, another 30 minutes of simmering before they were even ready to hit the skillet), but it was totally worth it. I sautéed mine with garlic, green onions and bell pepper and also added in some fresh corn and cilantro. Spread it on a sprouted tortilla and topped it with fresh veggies and avocado. Yum, yum, yum!
6. Snack: Almond Milk Ice Cream- Loving that I get to eat ice cream two days in a row. Feels so naughty, but then again, it feels so nice. I can’t say that it tastes like “real” ice cream, because it doesn’t, it tastes like Almond Milk Ice Cream, but I am an almond milk lover so it works out well.
1. Amazing Grass’s Amazing Meal mixed with Coconut Water- What makes Amazing Grass’s Amazing Meal so Amazing is that their greens are raw, organic and infused with delicious flavors. Did I mention that they are vegan, Non GMO, Gluten, Soy and Dairy free too?
2. Breakfast: Egg White Scramble- Another delicious morning of veggie packed eggs. I used an orange bell pepper this time and was loving the minor change. Also, no tomatoes this time as I forgot to pick one up at the store last night :( Although it was still a killer way to start the day.
3. Lunch: Spinach and Hummus Pita with Goat Cheese- This sandwich was super! I tried it with some shredded goat cheese cheddar and was loving both the taste and texture. Next time, I am going to add a handful of sprouts and maybe some grated carrot to the mix.
4. Snack: Fruit Salad with Shredded Coconut- Mangos, raspberries, blueberries, bananas and strawberries with a handful of coconut flakes…might as well take me to the Caribbean. This fruit salad was everything I needed this afternoon and more. Forget about anything else, I could easily live on fruit alone.
5. Dinner: Halibut Burger- I have never tried fresh fish in a sandwich or burger before. But I love fish in tacos and figured a burger might be a similar experience. These were out of this world delicious! I started by cutting up the fish in small pieces and mashed it with a potato masher. I added in some lime juice, egg, cilantro, green onion and seasonings and pan fried it with coconut oil. I only wish Freddie was here to taste it. This might even rival my turkey burger recipe. Looking forward to sharing the recipe with you soon.
6. Snack: Piece of Dark Chocolate- Need I say more? Except that I didn’t eat the entire bar. Just a few pieces. It was just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy my after dinner dessert craving.
Now can you see why I haven’t had much computer time? I have been too busy preparing and eating these amazing meals :)
Wanna join me in turning over a new leaf? Check out Amazing Grass’s Two Week Challenge and commit this new year to creating a new you :)
*Full Disclosure: Amazing Grass provided me with one bottle of Amazing Meal free of charge. I was not paid to write this post. With exception of some of the factual information given about the various products, all opinions regarding the products are my own and 100% honest.